Today I'm introducing "Nonfiction Monday!" It's the first time I'm participating in this weekly event. Many bloggers in the kidlitosphere take part in this event every Monday. Find out more at the Picture Book of the Day blog.
If you are a blogger, please include your link in the comments section and I will add it to the body of this post sometime during the day. I will update this post every hour or so.
If you're a reader who's interested in reading more nonfiction reviews, and discovering some new blogs, please be sure to take a look at the following blog posts:
1. Moms Inspire Learning: The Story of Money, by Betsy Maestro
2. Moms Inspire Learning: Money $ense for Kids! by Hollis Page Harman
3. In Need of Chocolate: Dinosaur Babies, by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld
4. The Well-Read Child: Earth and Sky, by Pascale Hedelin
5. Picture Book of the Day: Camping with the President, by Ginger Wadsworth
6. Bookish Blather: Women Making America, by Heidi Hemming & Julie Hemming Savage
7. Chicken Spaghetti: Episodes: My Life as I See It, by Blaze Ginsberg
8. Hope is the Word: The Story of Helen Keller, by Lorena A. Hickok (post also contains review of A Picture Book of Louis Braille, by David A. Adler)
9. Wrapped in Foil: All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome, by Kathy Hoopmann
10. SimplyScience Blog: Redwoods, by Jason Chin
11. Lori Calabrese Writes! about various Earth Science Week selections.
12. I.N.K. Rethink: Nonfiction authors share many different selections.
13. Booklist Online: You Never Heard of Sandy Koufax? by Jonah Winter and Andre Carrilho
14. Wendie's Wanderings: Weird Birds, by Carmen Bredeson
15. The Art of Irreverence: Living Sunlight: How Plants Bring the Earth to Life, by Molly Bang and Penny Chisholm
16. Semicolon: Indians Who Lived in Texas, by Betsy Warren
17. Maples and Fiddleheads: Embroidery for Little Miss Crafty, by Helen Dardik
18. The Miss Rumphius Effect: Yellowstone Moran: Painting the American West, by Lita Judge
19. All About Children's Books: The Navajo Year, Walk Through Many Seasons, by Nancy Bo Flood
20. 3T News and Review: Celebrations in My World series, by various authors
21. Great Kid Books: Reading Together: Everything You Need to Know to Raise a Child Who Loves to Read, by Diane W. Frankenstein - please note there's a giveaway also!
22. Charlotte's Library: A Guide to Fantasy Literature: Thoughts on Stories of Wonder and Enchantment, by Philip Martin
23. MotherReader: Faces of the Moon, by Bob Crelin